7 Sinfully Delicious Snacks minus the Calorie Guilt
Being under Home Quarantine for an unknown period of time..an all-nighter Netflix binge-watching session.. or an attack of the munchies that just won’t quit.
Low Calorie Delicious Snacks
#1 Frozen Yogurt Cups
Prep Time: 10 mins – Freezer Time: 2 hours
- 1½ cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- ⅓ cup reduced-sugar cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1½ tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Line a 24-count mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt and honey.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of yogurt into each mini muffin liner and evenly distribute the cranberries (3 to 4 on each cup), almonds (2 to 3 on each cup) , and chocolate chips (3 to 4 on each cup) on the tops.
- Freeze for 2 hours, or until frozen.
- Pop the frozen cups out of the muffin tin with a butter knife or a small straight spatula, and store in a freezer container. Serve and enjoy these delicious snacks!
#2 Cheesy Cauliflower Popcorn
Prep and Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with tongs to evenly coat.
- Spread the cauliflower out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned and soft.
- Serve warm as a side with dinner, or with other delicious snacks to replace popcorn.
#3 Skinny Greek Omelette
Prep & Cook Time: 13 minutes
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white, beaten
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ½ Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- pinch salt, to taste
- pinch black pepper, to taste
- Heat small skillet (6-inch) over medium-low heat. Add the oil, onion, tomato, and spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until onions soften and the spinach has wilted. Remove the cooked vegetables from the skillet and reserve on a plate.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and pour the beaten eggs, seasoned with salt and black pepper. Allow the egg to set for about 30 seconds.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the edges of the egg on all sides, then tilt the skillet upwards slightly. Pull the eggs upwards towards the center of the skillet, allowing the uncooked egg to run down to the exposed skillet walls.
- Repeat this action until nearly all of the uncooked egg, becomes cooked. The egg will take about 2-3 minutes to cook before filling it.
- While the egg is still slightly uncooked, add the reserved cooked vegetables, Feta cheese, and basil to one side and fold the other side over to cover the filling. Cook for an additional 1 minute to melt the cheese and finish cooking the inside.
- Slide the omelette out onto a plate and serve immediately.
#4 Beef Broth Soup with Coconut Cream, Turmeric and Ginger
Total Prep & Cook Time: 5 mins
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Himalayan salt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped coriander
- Place the broth, ginger, turmeric and coconut cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes to allow the ginger and turmeric to infuse. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you like your broth slightly sour, stir through the lime juice to taste.
- Pour the broth into mugs, sprinkle on the coriander and a touch more turmeric, take a sip and enjoy!
#5 Veggie Tuna Salad
Total Prep & Cook Time: 5 mins
- 2 160g cans of tuna (in brine) drained
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 8 olives
- 2 tbsp of real mayonnaise
- lettuce or baby gem lettuce
- Optional: oregano or coriander
- Squeeze the liquid content out of the cherry tomatoes and chop them.
- Chop the olives
- Mix the tuna, chopped olives, chopped cherry tomatoes and mayo in a bowl.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and let them dry.
- Divide the tuna mixture equally on top of the small lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle on a little of your favorite fresh or dry green herbs and enjoy!
#6 Cauliflower Nuggets
Total Prep & Cook Time: 45 mins
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- oil spray
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. almond milk
- ½ cup buffalo sauce or hot sauce
- ¼ tsp butter spread
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a large baking dish with parchment.
- Spray florets with oil spray or toss with a little oil.
- Place in either a very large bowl or a large ziploc bag. Toss with the flour and garlic powder until evenly coated.
- Add the almond milk to the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Arrange in one layer in the baking pan. Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter spread with the buffalo sauce/hot sauce (because the fat helps the sauce adhere to the cauliflower).
- Dip cauliflower in sauce.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
#7 Salmon Cucumber Veggie Cups
Total Prep & Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/3 large cucumbers
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 24 small fresh dill sprigs
- Trim ends from cucumbers and cut crosswise into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) rounds.
- Scoop a 1/2-inch-deep depression from one side of each round with a small melon-baller, forming little cups.
- Drain cucumbers, cup sides down, on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture into each cucumber cup.
- Top each cup with 1 salmon strip and 1 dill sprig. Serve and Enjoy!