Obesity, heart disease, diabetes – these are just a few names that accompany obesity. Obesity, regardless to say, is the mother of numerous conditions that can be even fatal for your life. Not only you can die with obesity, but also you don’t look good and it can affect your mental health as well.
So what’s that you can do to get rid of those extra pounds that are getting your life in danger? DIET! Diet is the answer to all your obesity-related concerns. Among a number of diets available, Paleo Diet is the most common one that is claimed to be really effective.
So what’s the thing with Paleo Diet? Here’s everything that you need to know.
What Is A Paleo Diet?
The Paleo Diet or the Stone age diet is the eating pattern that closely resembles the diet of the Paleolithic era. This diet is also known as hunter-gather diet or caveman diet as it literally involves eating foods that people could theoretically hunt or gather. These foods include:
- Lean meats
As a matter of fact, these were the only few food choices available in that era and people of that age were healthy and strong. However, the development of modern agricultural farming has provided us with dairy, legumes, grains that became a part of modern people’s diet, thus making them unhealthy and obese.
So this diet only shares the food choices with the stone aged people and therefore, allowing the followers to achieve a healthy and hearty body that they always want.
Although there are tons of ways through one can follow a Paleo Diet, however, the most common ones are:
- Low Carb Diet High in Animal Foods
- High Carb Diet with Lots of Plants
You can mix and match all of these diets and make a new Paleo Diet that works according to your needs and preferences.
How Does This Diet Work?
The mechanism behind this Paleo Diet is that the human body is not made to process unhealthy foods including the modern, oxytocin rich dairy, refined flours, and grains. Therefore, eating such complex substances could increase the risk of certain health conditions, including heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity.
Therefore, excluding these foods from the diet can allow the followers to lose weight and promote and overall good health.
Foods to Avoid in Paleo Diet
So here’s a list of foods that you need to avoid in Paleo Diet. These foods and ingredients include:
- Simple Sugars – fruit juices, soft drinks, candy, pastry, ice creams, etc.
- Grains – bread, pasta, wheat, rye, barley, etc.
- Legumes – beans, lentils, etc.
- Dairy – low-fat milk, yogurt, etc.
- Vegetable Oils – sunflower, soybean, corn, grapeseed, safflower oils
- Trans Fats – margarine, hydrogenated oils, etc.
- Artificial Sweeteners – sucralose, aspartame, etc.
- Highly Processed Foods – everything labeled as low fat, diet and additives and flavors
Foods to Eat in A Paleo Diet
The simple rule here is to base your diet on natural and whole foods that are unprocessed. These foods might include:
- Meat – beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork, etc.
- Eggs – Free-range eggs
- Fish & seafood – trout, salmon, tuna, shellfish, etc.
- Fruits – Apple, Banana, Strawberries, Blueberries etc.
- Vegetables – Leafy Greens, onions, carrots, tomato, cucumbers, etc.
- Nuts & Seeds – Walnuts, Cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Healthy fats & Oils – extra virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, etc.
You can also include tea and coffee in your Paleo diet as they are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals. Green Tea and Black Coffee has a ton of health benefits and might help you lose weight as well.
The Paleo Diet is one of the most effective yet healthy diets that keeps you close to nature. The basic idea is to avoid processed foods and focus on the healthy and wholesome foods that come all the way from nature. It offers a ton of benefits with zero health risks, so it is worth giving a shot that will help you lose weight and let you enjoy your life to its fullest.